Adventure Based Phillip Island Photography Weekend
- Landscape Workshop – The Pinnacles
- Astro Photography Workshop – Wreck of the SS Speke
- Slow Exposure Dawn Workshop – Cadillac Canyon
- Whale Watching Cruise – Wildlife Coast Cruises
- Lightroom and Google Nik Workshop – Cowes – Depart from Cowes
Photo Rangers Announce the first ever intensive Adventure Based Phillip Island Photography Weekend 9 & 10 JULY 2016 (during peak whale season!).
The Weekend will include a
- Landscape Workshop up along the Cape Wooloami track including sunset shots of the awe inspiring Two Caves and The Pinnacles.
- An Astro Photography workshop at the wreck of the SS Speke at low tide. Low tide at the SS Speke will allow us to get out on the limestone reef right next to the wreck and the Milky Way will be right above the wreck at the time of the workshop. Could not ask for better tide and star conditions for this workshop!
- Sunday morning will begin at the crack of dawn with a Slow Exposure Workshop at my personal favourite place, Cadillac Canyon.
- A Whale Watching Cruise departs from Cowes at 9:30am. We’ll be watching seals and chasing whales until 1:30pm (morning tea and lunch included).
- After the cruise we’ll return to Cowes and spend the rest of our time together in a Lightroom CC and Google NIK Workshop putting the finishing touches on the awesome photos from the weekend.
Adventure Based Photography Weekend Schedule
3:30pm Landscape Workshop – Cape Woolamai
8:00pm Astro Workshop – Kitty Miller Bay
6:00am Slow Shutters Workshop – Cadillac Canyon
9:30am Whale Watching Cruise – Cowes
2:30pm Lightroom CC & Google NIK Workshop – Cowes
Adventure Based Phillip Island Photography Weekend – $545 total cost – prepayment required to book your place. Workshop is limited to the first 8 prepaid participants.
If accommodation is required, Photo Rangers recommends Apt 507 at The Waves (sleeps 4 adults). They are offering a discount to workshop participants – use the discount code PHOTORANGERS to claim 10% off. Book quickly, this is the only weekend in July that they have vacant.
If Apt 507 at The Waves is fully booked, we can recommend other great places to stay on the island – contact us for information.
Dale and Cecilia Rogers are Photographers and Phillip Island locals. They are not just casual tourists or visitors to the island. They intimately know the island, it’s rhythms and seasonal variations. They know the best places and times to shoot the perfect image on the island. Dale and Cecilia facilitate workshops on and around the island every weekend.
- Limited to the first 8 pre-registered and paid participants
- Does not include accommodation, food (except where specifically indicated) or transfers to workshop venues
- The workshops will proceed in light rain and showers. In case of heavy rain and storms, alternative workshop venues will be provided.